morbane: pohutukawa blossom and leaves (Default)
morbane ([personal profile] morbane) wrote in [community profile] yuletide2026-10-11 08:13 pm

I'll Get You Next Time / Future Nominations

Now that the tag set is open, there are probably things you're surprised not to see, or things you're kicking yourself about not nominating.

If you want to, comment here to create a record of things you might want to nominate in future, or just to show that those fandoms, too, are loved.

CuteSomic

(Anonymous) 2026-10-11 07:54 am (UTC)(link)
I forgot videos could be nominated, and I've been into Vocaloid music videos lately [profile] _@

AnythingBecomeMoe makes really awesome ones, and there are others too...
arcanetrivia: a light purple swirl on a darker purple background (Default)

Re: CuteSomic

[personal profile] arcanetrivia 2026-10-12 08:04 pm (UTC)(link)
Ha, Dreamwidth parsing the first "@" symbol as trying to mention a username sure did something weird to that emoticon.
stardust_rifle: A cartoon-style image of of a fluffy brown cat sitting upright and reading a book, overlayed over a sparkly purple circle. (Default)

oh I have way too many. can you tell i've prepared like multiple years of noms already lol?

[personal profile] stardust_rifle 2026-10-11 08:32 am (UTC)(link)
- Love Me For Who I Am
- お仕事の邪魔しないのっ!| Don’t Get In The Way Of Their Work! - 159センチ
- セーラー服元年 | First Year of Sailor Uniform - Muromaki
- ファッションギャップのあるカップル | A Couple with a Fashion Gap - Muromaki
- 付き合う森ギャルとサブカル系 | Mori Girl and Subculture Girl Couple - Muromaki
- ぬくもりアイスネーク。| Warm Ice Cream Snake - 159センチ
- 義ヒレ人魚 | Prosthetic Fin Merman - isaaki8
- ステージより眩しく | Shining Brighter than the Stage - Muromaki
- 遺失物統轄機構 | Ishitsubutsu Toukatsu Kikou | Lost Property Control Organization - ほし | Hoshi
- A Cruel God Reigns
- Deborah Is My Rival

Also, might rejigger my RPF nominations next year to include something like "Sakurai Atsushi and Collaborators RPF", just so that I can get more people in.
hoarmurath: (Default)

[personal profile] hoarmurath 2026-10-11 10:01 am (UTC)(link)
- 走火 | Accidental Firing (2025) which I finished yesterday and enjoyed very much!
griselda_gimpel: A yellow rat snake with glasses and a purple bonnet. (Default)

[personal profile] griselda_gimpel 2026-10-11 01:15 pm (UTC)(link)
I would have loved to have seen The Kingmaker Histories and Killjam XXX nominated. I nominated five different audio dramas, so I simply didn't have space for them, but they'd be good Yuletide fandoms in the future. Both are free to listen to, and neither is excessively long.

The Kingmaker Histories, which currently has three seasons, is historical fantasy set in the lead up to WWI, in which a seamstress finds herself in possession of a powerful magical artifact and must go on the run with a couple of crooks to escape the court magician who wants to use the artifact to restore the overthrown monarchy. It's just tons of fun, and all three of the main characters are queer.

Killjam XXX is set in a dystopian future where death matches are used as satirical commentary on celebrity culture. There's currently one season out.
bethynyc: (Default)

[personal profile] bethynyc 2026-10-11 02:32 pm (UTC)(link)
Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977)

50th Anniversary!
bring_me_sugar: The prettiest manuscript ever from Little Women; made by by ponyboy @ eljay (writing - little women - by ponyboy)

[personal profile] bring_me_sugar 2026-10-11 04:02 pm (UTC)(link)
I haven't hit on it yet but there's always something that doesn't come up in the tags that will make me go "how did I miss that"?
dr_zook: gladstone & tiger rug = <3 (ohgod)

[personal profile] dr_zook 2026-10-11 04:03 pm (UTC)(link)
Just yesterday I watched Black '47 and Christ, there is so much potential! I can't believe there is nothing AT ALL in the Archive yet. It has Hugo Weaving and Freddie Fox! Grubby and run-down men in 19th century Ireland, it's a bleak story, right. But we have devoted ex-soldiers turned enemies by Fate!! I must know what they did to and with each other in Afghanistan, serving not the Queen but each other!! 😤

[personal profile] eicas 2026-10-11 07:07 pm (UTC)(link)
It's fall, which means I am gripped by my standard annual desire to replay some of my favourite horror games.... which means I am KICKING myself over not nominating Fatal Frame II. What was I thinking! My girlssssssss!!!!! I'll simply have to replay it extra hard to make up for it.
novembersmith: (Default)

[personal profile] novembersmith 2026-10-11 07:53 pm (UTC)(link)
Heathers 😭 the musical OR the movie 😭

(Anonymous) 2026-10-11 09:33 pm (UTC)(link)
Wait omg I just saw it today and assumed it be a Yuletide fandom, turns out it’s huge? Surprise win!

[personal profile] idleflower 2026-10-13 02:57 pm (UTC)(link)
It's definitely been a Yuletide fandom in the past, I'm sure I remember it, but I guess things picked up!
arcanetrivia: a light purple swirl on a darker purple background (Default)

[personal profile] arcanetrivia 2026-10-12 08:07 pm (UTC)(link)
These fandoms are both too big - the film has over 2500 fics complete in English and the musical has over 3200. So, rejoice, in a way?
china_shop: Close-up of Zhao Yunlan grinning (Default)

[personal profile] china_shop 2026-10-11 08:44 pm (UTC)(link)
I just watched Breaking and Re-Entering (Taiwanese movie on Netflix) about a bunch of thieves who have to pull a reverse heist. It's fun, has interesting character dynamics, and I'd totally have nominated it if I'd seen it sooner.
bluerosekatie: 3D render of a Bionicle character wearing a purple mask. (Default)

[personal profile] bluerosekatie 2026-10-11 10:52 pm (UTC)(link)
I always go back and forth on whether I want to nominate Ghost Rider (Marvel Comics) because I only specifically want stuff about a tiny corner of it (Robbie Reyes and associated characters, the All-New Ghost Rider run), but I know with a movie coming out soon it will probably balloon in size on Ao3. Maybe if it's not too big next year again!
quailfence: Panel from Arthur, King of Time and Space. Guinevere hugs Lancelot as Arthur watches. Arthur thinks, “What do you know - the same thing I wanted” (comics)

[personal profile] quailfence 2026-10-12 01:08 am (UTC)(link)
I think you can nominate specific comic runs?
hokuton_punch: Screenshot from the anime short "Comedy" of a thin black-haired man reading a book, captioned "bookworm." (comedy knight bookworm)

[personal profile] hokuton_punch 2026-10-12 03:48 am (UTC)(link)
Very sad that I started rereading The Demon Lord Only Wants to Follow the Script too late to nominate Best Boy Wu Yimei and the cute leads and cool girl Ji Fangfang ;________;

(Anonymous) 2026-10-12 08:09 am (UTC)(link)
I forgot all about This Is Going To Hurt. (Medical miniseries. I think it has six or so fics.

Flatland. I haven’t even checked for fic yet but I’d be shocked if there’s much.

Horsegirls. Great film, so much post-canon potential.

And every year I think of Studio Tavicat’s Reality Check too late. No fic.

rosehiptea: (Default)

[personal profile] rosehiptea 2026-10-12 08:10 am (UTC)(link)
That’s me by the way if anyone recognizes these fandoms.
arcanetrivia: a light purple swirl on a darker purple background (Default)

[personal profile] arcanetrivia 2026-10-12 08:10 pm (UTC)(link)
Flatland, the book by Abbott? <100 fics, several of which were written for past Yuletides.

(Anonymous) 2026-10-12 10:38 pm (UTC)(link)
Nice to know. Thanks! I didn’t look because I thought maybe there was nothing.
larryhammer: floral print origami penguin, facing left (Default)

[personal profile] larryhammer 2026-10-12 05:25 pm (UTC)(link)
I was offline during nomination season, so didn't get to nominate The City of Dreadful Night by James Thompson or Hermann and Dorothea by Goethe. Next year for sure!
arcanetrivia: (monkey island (verb coin))

[personal profile] arcanetrivia 2026-10-12 08:08 pm (UTC)(link)
I wish I could rely on myself to offer and write because then I would nominate Monkey Island, but as it is I have to depend on the kindness of other pirates.
rocknlobster: (rockin lobster)

[personal profile] rocknlobster 2026-10-13 04:54 am (UTC)(link)
Both of these games which I was hoping someone else might nominate since I filled mine with other thingsss:
Subnautica (video game)
Gorogoa (video game)

Also I sort of...forgot that webcomics could be nominated? So I would totally have nominated my favorite webcomic which I will link here in hopes of getting new fans for it!
Wilde Life (webcomic)

[personal profile] idleflower 2026-10-13 02:55 pm (UTC)(link)
I was distracted this year and only nominated things I've nominated before rather than stuff I've engaged with more recently - I should probably have put in for A Very Peculiar Practice which is an extremely odd British mildly-surreal comedy kind of about university politics in the 80s. ALL the characters are messed-up in the strangest ways, and you can either lean into "yeah, universities are just like that, they get a little obsessed with themselves and lose track of reality" OR "feral nuns are spontaneously generated, women can get each other pregnant, beware of sonic attack, Q is holding judgment, this american guy is literally the antichrist" depending on your taste.

It has Peter Davison in it, if that helps!
arcanetrivia: (doctor who (ding when there's stuff))

[personal profile] arcanetrivia 2026-10-13 06:34 pm (UTC)(link)
In which Peter Davison plays the doctor no not that doctor? XD

(Anonymous) 2026-10-13 07:14 pm (UTC)(link)
i guess i didn't properly consider that ASMR roleplay videos could be nominated, but if now that i have, i'm kicking myself for not nominating Dreamscape ASMR's "Futuristic Bartender" series. someone needs to write them a happy ending, goddamn it!
acorn_squash: An acorn (Default)

[personal profile] acorn_squash 2026-10-14 07:11 pm (UTC)(link)
I was really surprised not to see The Martian by Andy Weir in this year's tagset, and less surprised (but still disappointed) not to see A Lady for a Duke by Alexis Hall, Arden St. Ives by Alexis Hall, Ask a Manager by Alison Green, But I'm a Cat Person by Erin Ptah, Ghost Soup Infidel Blue, Ponyo, or Willie of Winsbury.
quailfence: A drawing of the TARDIS from Doctor Who in colored pencil (Default)

[personal profile] quailfence 2026-10-15 02:48 am (UTC)(link)
I came across the Sticky Situation music video after noms closed and now I'm really wishing that I'd found it earlier so that I could nom it and the associated lore carrd

I'm also thinking of nominating a Flavor Foley song or maybe even a whole album next year (I didn't nominate this year mostly bc I'm more interested in the songs from their second album than the first, I kinda wanted to nominate it as a whole anthology album, and it wasn't fully released yet when noms closed)
rosehiptea: (Default)

[personal profile] rosehiptea 2026-10-23 05:34 am (UTC)(link)
Ameku Takao! It's so utterly silly but I regret not nominating it. (It's a manga, and an anime, and a live action drama which is what I saw but I'll probably catch up with the anime eventually.)
kiprussel: A pixel-art drawing of a yellow "TV Head" in a blue jacket. The TV is yellow, with a singular antenna and two knobs. (Default)

[personal profile] kiprussel 2026-10-23 07:11 pm (UTC)(link)
Next year I'll have to include the 2003 remake of Italian Job. I'd also love to nominate characters from Terminator Salvation, namely Star from the movie or Justo Orozco from the prequel book... such a niche, but its my niche! I'm also debating nominating Deus Ex: Mankind Divided/Vaclav Koller, if someone else doesn't beat me to it. And Shelter (2026)! As of writing this, it has 3 fics on AO3.
Edited 2026-10-23 19:13 (UTC)
kiprussel: A pixel-art drawing of a yellow "TV Head" in a blue jacket. The TV is yellow, with a singular antenna and two knobs. (Default)

[personal profile] kiprussel 2026-10-23 08:37 pm (UTC)(link)
Ah, and Houdini & Doyle! Someone nominated it this year, but I'd love to see it in the pool again.